Devotion: 21 The Lord went in front of them in a pillar of cloud by day, to lead them along the way, and in a pillar of fire by night, to give them light, so that they might travel by day and by night. 22 […]
Month: June 2014
1 In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth, 2 the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. Genesis 1:1-5
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and today that same God is living and active in the creation bringing light where there is darkness. We pray that as the mission trip begins to serve those affected by Hurricane Sandy today that we might bring a small light into places where hope has often been absent.
- Please pray for the students and adults from Iowa who begin working in the homes of those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Pray for the home owners who will be opening their homes to more construction.
- Pray for the students and adults from Madison Avenue Presbyterian church and Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church as they join the group this evening.
- Pray for a spirit of unity and new relationships as the three groups gather tonight.
Thank you for subscribing to the Sent by Love prayer requests. You will receive prayer requests as well as short reflections on some days that mirror those on the trip.
- Pray for the Iowa youth and adults who gather at 10:00am this morning for their trip to NYC.
- Pray for safety and expedient travel to Minneapolis, easy security at the airport, and on time flights to NYC.
- Pray that this first day will be an opportunity for group bonding and connections as we look forward to serving together.
- Pray for the leaders and staff at Madison Avenue Presbyterian church and Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church as they make final preparations to join us tomorrow afternoon.
- Pray for the home owners and repair crews we will assist tomorrow in our service.
What does compassionate and intentionally connected discipleship look like? Envision four churches across 1,300 miles working together to serve the victims of Hurricane Sandy and to help them rebuild their homes. In what has become an exercise in joint mission and congregational partnership spanning from […]
Presbyterian Hope in Action is an outreach ministry of Presbyterian congregations in New York City. We actively work to help New York City residents affected by Hurricane Sandy restore their lives physically, emotionally and spiritually working alongside our partners locally and from across the nation. We provide meaningful and tangible opportunities for people from all over the country to engage in the work of reclamation and reconstruction as we participate in the coordination of recovery efforts here in the City.
The Sent by Love Mission Trip collaborative effort between: Michael Gewecke (Spirit Lake, IA) Tim Harmon (Lake Park, IA) Tyler Orem (New York, NY) Past Leaders: Aram Bae (New York, NY) Lisette Robustelli (New York, NY) Chris Dela Cruz (New York, NY) Ministry/Support Organizations: Westminster […]